I just finished reading this wonderful book called This I Know: Notes on Unraveling The Heart by Susannah Conway. It’s a very thoughtful and beautifully-written book about a woman’s healing journey after her partner passes away suddenly. After each chapter, Susannah invites her readers to reflect upon different facets of their life or feelings through creative writing or photography. It pushes you through your comfort zone and helps us to re-discover ourselves and what makes us special. It also allowed me to mentally draw a picture of myself pre-Derek and post-Derek and how much I’ve learned from him and thank him for inspiring me to be a more special me :).
So I am sharing my “Ten Things” with you.
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. Before meeting Derek, I wasn’t an outdoor enthusiast. Now I go hiking and enjoy the outdoors as much as possible. Derek taught me how to push the limits within myself. I thank him greatly for that.
2. I almost always place other’s needs in front of myself. I am working on learning a balance so that I do not neglect myself.
3. I would pick to watch a Horror movie over a Comedy or Romantic flick any day.
4. I can play the piano by ear.
5. I love getting “lost” through long Sunday drives.
6. I used to be a D.J. and Sound Tech and as such own a large collection of music across all genres and time periods.
7. Am thinking about getting my first tattoo on my foot that says “Love Never Fails”
8. I am an avid video gamer. My favorite games are Final Fantasy and Skyrim.
9. Majored in International Relations with a language proficiency in Japanese. Check out a future post on a story of how I transitioned from this major into a Marketing career.
10. I love making new connections with people and learning something new everyday. So let’s start here what are “ten things” that you would like your friends and others to know about you?